This course is approved for CNE's by the Texas Licensed Vocational Nurses Association If you are a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) or vocational nursing (VN) graduate seeking to expand your skill set, the intravenous therapy and blood withdrawal course offered by Diamond Healthcare Consulting will help you gain the knowledge and technical skills needed to safely set up and maintain intravenous therapies and blood withdrawal in a clinical setting.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain anatomical sites for intravenous (I.V) therapy initiation
- Understand principles of infection control as it relates to I.V therapy
- Identify indications for I.V therapy
- Describe legal implications, including scope of practice, for I.V therapy
- Recognize different types of vascular accesses
- Demonstrate I.V therapy initiation skills
- Understand I.V therapy management
- Explain I.V. medication therapies
- Understand indications, administration and monitoring of blood products and Total
- Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
This is a six hour course consisting of three hours classroom instruction and three hours of return demonstration using an anatomically correct IV arm.
Our instructors are approved by the Texas Licensed Vocational Nurses Association to provide training for LVN's and by the Texas Nurses Association for Registered Nurses.